If you read my first blog post titled “Making Progress”, you will know that today I finished the T25 workout of 60 days! This is the first time I’ve completed a whole program! I am so proud of myself today. It was not easy! Every day I focused on that day only! After every workout, I said “Thank you Jesus!” because I could not do this without thanking him!
For month two I still stuck with the person who modified each exercise to make it easier on myself. I did not follow a nutrition plan for a few reasons, although I’m sure I would have gotten even better results if I did. But I am loving my progress and current results in the pictures!
My body is still healing after 7 months postpartum, so I didn’t want to push myself too much. In my 20’s when I had my first 3 kids, I had no problem with my body “bouncing back”. After 5 kids, being closer to 40, and trying to find gluten-free meals (I have an allergy to gluten), it has never been more difficult to lose weight. So instead, I focused more on establishing a habit of exercise instead of weight loss.
I share this to encourage you. You do NOT have to do a Beach Body program or hit the gym 7 days a week! Some people do and that’s okay too! Being a healthier version of myself was the goal and that looks different for everyone. I focused on what worked and stayed away from what didn’t. Sometimes you have to try multiple times. If that’s you, don’t give up!
Several things helped me to stay motivated. Feel free to use these to motivate and encourage yourself on your journey too!
Sᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʏ ᴍᴏᴛɪᴠᴀᴛᴇᴅ? (ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇsᴛʏʟᴇ)
1. Spending time with God first thing every morning, reading my Bible, doing my devotional, and listening to worship.
2. Picked one good post workout meal and stuck with it.
3. Paid attention to what my body could do physically and gave it my all.
4. Pushed myself on days when I felt my body was capable.
5. Gave myself grace when I could barely get through the workout.
6. Still ate some of the things I love, in moderation.
7. Treated myself to something small when I completed another week (played my video game an extra hour–yes, I love gaming!– or ate a really good dessert!)
8. Said “Thank You Jesus” after every workout, even if I was on the floor feeling defeated that day lol!
Wʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴏɴᴇ ᴘʜʏsɪᴄᴀʟ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ᴏʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀʏ?